Friday, July 3, 2009

Some of my favorite places:

First and formost - THE BEACH there is nothing better then sitting on the beach as the breeze caresses your skin. The best time for dolphin watching is the early morning. Please take the time to enjoy watching them play. At times they put on quite a show. I walk the beach 3 to 5 times a week all year long. I love the sea, somehow I don't feel whole unless I am close to it. There is just something about it's energy and shir power that draws me. Awwww, the smell of salt air.!!!!!!!! Open the windows at night and listen closely, you can hear the surf hitting the beach.

Pizza - You haven't had pizza til you've tried Louis. The pepperoni is slice so thin that it comes out of the oven crispy and a little crunchy - sorta like bacon. The crust has a buttery taste. He is located on the North side of Rehoboth Avenue next to Ibach's (best truffles). Louis ,also, has my vote for the best beach fries. He started out selling French Fries where Thrasher's is now when he was in his teens. (Don't tell him, but I had a huge crush on hm back .) The next best thing to pizza is Nichola's Nic-a-bolis. Nick was a teacher when I was in high school. I love him dearly. Grotto Pizza although the most popular is my least favorite. Personally, I think that they lost quality control when they openned so many pizza palors. IMHO their pizza changes and it is better at times then it is another.


Best Sandwiches - I love Arena's Shrimp Salad, crab dip, and nachos. Obie's has the best burgers and I love sitting on their deck watching the ocean.

Family dinners - you can't beat the Rehoboth Diner. The food is good, plentiful, and reasonably priced. They don't serve alcohol.

You can't beat Aqua's for cocktails and dinner. The atmosphere is a little like Key West complete with sand in the front of the restaurant. Their crabcakes are made from the same recipe that the owners mother used - makes my mouth water just thinking about them. Rancel loves their scallops, he orders them everytime we go there. I love the way they serve their condiments, but I'll let that be a surprise for you. Best of all their prices are very reasonable. They are located on Baltimore Avenue close to Second Street.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl~ ~ ~
    Nice. I love sitting on the beach in the afternoon when the dolphins pass by. They come so close to the beach that you can almost touch them.
    Don't forget to tell everyone about the Kohrs custard (ice cream).
    Love ya~ ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete