Friday, July 3, 2009

Welcome to my Blog. . .

I am so glad you found me. Friends have been encouraging me to create a blog for sometime so that I could keep my friends, family and guest up to date on all of the happenings in the Rehoboth area and specifically my beach homes. Frankily, I found the idea a little intimidating and kept putting it off, but here goes.

I have two beach homes. It is property that has been in my family since the 1930's. My mother started renting our family home after my father passed away. The house was just too big for her. She built a smaller house on a lot behind it, where she lived out the rest of her life. I began renting that house when she joined my dad.

Our Springs are spent updating, cleaning, and painting, so that each house is in tiptop shape to welcome our summer guests. That is when the real story can be told!

Now, they are rented and it is non-stop weekly tenants over the summer months. Each house becomes a hectic whirlwind of people enjoying every minute of what seems to them a week that is over in a blink of the eye. Some have become dear friends - extended family - as they come the same week each year. They feel like they are coming "home" when they head out for "their week". I have watched their children grow up, marry, and start the next generation of guests. I look forward to seeing them as much as they look forward to coming. As I fix up the houses, I can picture just what some of them will like or how they will enjoy some of my changes.

For others, it's a first time visit. Some return to enjoy repeat vacations and join my growing family. Sometimes, return visits just aren't possible, but that's ok as they have at least had the opportunity to experience the magic of a Rehoboth Beach vacation at least once. Aaaaand a summer beach vacation is a magical experience in deed.

Rehoboth Beach is a great place to vacation any time of year and my guests have found my beach homes just as inviting in the "off season" as they are in the summer. There are all sorts of festivals and special weekends, so we have become an "all season" resort. It is a rare month that my homes aren't booked for at least a long weekend.

As my blog evolves I plan to add links to my favorite places, give you my views on regional happenings, and anything else that may be on my mind. As soon as I figure out how I will begin posting pictures of the beach, the houses, and what ever else I think you will find of interest.

I hope that you will enjoy my commentaries. Please let me know what you think my blog. I welcome comments and suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment