Sunday, August 28, 2011



Gooood morning everyone! This picture was posted on my FB page. It was taken at the inlet in Ocean City, MD. Although it is some distance from Rehoboth, I thought you might like to see anyway.


I still haven't been able to get to Rehoboth yet, so all the news I have is second hand. Most of it is coming from the President of Rehoboth Volunteer Fire Company, who is dear friend. He called this morning to tell me that my homes have no damage. There will be some clean up to do around the yard, but nothing major. He suggested that I wait until after 2 pm to attempt the drive. Indian River Inlet Bridge is closed and won't reopen until divers can get in the water to make sure that it is safe, so I will have to drive around going thru Millsboro. There are several places on that road that are still in danger of flooding and the winds are as bad now as they were last night.


I am told that Rehoboth as a whole suffered very little damage. The ocean never got to the boardwalk, very few trees were lost, and not one business lost a sign. City employees are busy getting the benches and trash cans back in place on the boardwalk. Thankfully, the Irene wasn't as bad here as some Noreaster's we have been through. The sustained winds never got above 55 MPH.


We decided that we would ride the storm out at home. We never had any doubt that we made the right decision. Our biggest problem was 2 big dogs that thought the whole situation was tons of fun and wanted to rough house all through the house.


My plans are to head to Rehoboth ASAP to get everything in order for my tenants to arrive tomorrow. I will be sure to get pictures to post when I get home later this evening.


Stay tuned. . . . .