Sunday, August 28, 2011

The latest and last post about Irene. . .


Even though everyone told me that my homes didn't suffer any damage, it was truly a relief to see that house when we drove up.




Nicola, Grotto's and Louis were all open. Most of the restaurants were still boarded up. Pizza anyone?







The Back Porch and Go Fish were still boarded up just like about 80% of the businesses in town.























It was so strange to see so few people milling about. Eerie considering it is August. I've lived here all of my life and can't remember the town being is deserted at this time of year.







The beach is still here ~ a little worse for wear. The old jetties are still there, but some of the sand split. Just a few people walking around ~ no beach chairs or umbrellas. It looks more like a winter picture.












This pic is of Lingo's Market on First Street, three blocks from my homes. It's been there forever and many of my guests feel that a trip to Rehoboth is not complete without visiting there for their morning pastries. Dinah must have gotten a really good buy on the duct tape. I don't envy her getting it off those windows.







Yup, guys the beach is still there! Tomorrow we'll see people sunbathing and the life guards will be back on duty.













The Candy Kitchen at Rehoboth Avenue and the boardwalk. No one's getting any of their favorite fudge today.









This is Henlopen Junction just as you are entering Rehoboth.














A very rare picture of the outlets ~ deserted!!!!












Tomorrow, it's back to normal. Rehoboth officially opens to welcome visitors back, Route 1 is open again, and my homes are ready and waiting for my next guests. An earthquake (another story waiting for the next post) and a hurricane all in one week are a little much. It's been a long one ~ filled with stress and little sleep. I'm on my way to a good night's sleep. A very happy ending, good night everyone. . . .





























No comments:

Post a Comment