Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Beautiful Beach Days

It's been a wonderful summer for the beach! Over all the temperatures have been cooler then normal, but today is a hot one. I was down on the beach earlier and the water is sooooo warm. I really didn't want to get out. I could have stayed in all day. There is just something so therapudic about warm salt water! Of course, the whole beach thing is therapudic as far as I am concerned. I find it hard to go more then a few days without getting a fix of sand and sea. The wind in my hair, the smell of salt water, and the sound of the waves and gulls pull at my soul.

The only down side is there are a lot of jellyfish, when the water is this warm. Yup, you can always tell how warm the water is by the number of jellyfish. A little hint: If you get stung by one sprinkle the area with meat tenderizer. It really works, but I have no idea why.

It is hard to believe that the summer is almost over. It seems to have flown by faster then usual. Is that a sign that I am getting older? Our oldest grandson starts school tomorrow, the middle one started yesterday and the youngest starts kindergarden the day after Labor Day. I haven't had them on the beach anywhere near as much as I had planned. I am feeling pressure to make the most of the time left before school with the little one.

Tonight, we are taking him to the boardwalk. He loves the rides! We will probably go to Funland first, then we will get pizza at Louis' Pizza. They do have the best pizza and their fresh cut fries are out of this world. The evening will be topped off with ice cream. Then I will deliver him home undoubtedly with a tummy ache. (Isn't that what grandmothers are for?)