Saturday, August 8, 2009

Chek-in/Check-out day. . . .

It's Saturday, so that means that I have spent the day in Rehoboth. I always like to make sure that everything is in order after the cleaners are finished. Somehow, I have never been able to find cleaning people who leave the houses exactly as I want them. I guess I am picky, but I want to make sure that the beds are neat and that each room is not only clean but neat a pin. I want the houses to be so inviting that my guests feel like they are walking into their own home. I make sure that all of the plants are watered and the flower beds are weedless. While the cleaners are finishing up, I run whatever errands I have to do. If I finish up early enough I take a walk on the boardwalk.

The weather today was just the best. The humidity was low and there was a wonderful breeze
- the kind that feels like it is carressing your skin. I walked down Virginia Avenue to the boardwalk, then south to Rehoboth Avenue. Once on the avenue, I couldn't decide if I wanted Louis' pizza or Kohrs. I fnally decided to treat myself to a huge Kohr's Custard (Banana-Strawberry). It served as breakfast and lunch, so I didn't feel bad about the huge part. It was great as usual. I never have one of those ice cream cones that I done thiink of my best friend , Ahrisha. When she is down, we can't walk past that place without getting ice cream, no matter how much we have had to eat.

I took time to enjoy every lick of that cone while I strolled down the avenue widow shopping. There are some very interesting new shops this year. I really need to make time to do more then window shop. Then I will give you a report on what I have found. There is one new shop that I love. It has lots of hair accessories and some really cute "junk" jewelry. I have bought 3 blown glass pendants there. (3 for $20.00) I have worn several of them and gotten some compliments. I don't know the name of the place, but it is on the north side of the block just a few stores from First Street.

It day was so nice that I really didn't want to head home, I would have prefered to veg on the beach, but all good things must come to an end.