Sunday, November 1, 2009

Shopping and the beach. . . .



The weather has been just wonderful this past week. During the day the sun is so bright and warm; there is hardly a cloud in the sky. It's so warm, you hardly need a sweater! I am still wearing shorts and flip flops during the day! The evenings have been so balmy that the boardwalk is still frequented by a good number of people. In fact, everyone is so thrilled with the mild weather that the atmosphere is quite festive.
I am still enjoying the beach. The sandpipers are back. They are so much fun to watch as they dart to and fro as the waves flow in and out.
Personally, I would like some cooler weather. My winter walking gear is all ready! Thanksgiving and Christmas are fast approaching, but I just can't get in the mood with all of this warm weather. At this rate, they will slip up on me and I will be in a mad dash to get ready. Sorry, but housework is just not high on my priority list when the weather is this nice.
Friday, I went to the outlets! My grandsons were in need of new jeans. Of course, the stores are crowded. They have tons of buses pulling in there everyday. They have had as many as 70 buses in one day there. Can you believe? I guess it's the "no sales tax" thing.
Of course, I have my favorite stores. Lately, I am having great luck at Osh'Kosh for the grandsons. Great buys there! I had recieved an e-mail coupon for 20% off of my entire purchase. I spent over $100.00, so I got a card that gives me $10 off my next purchase and another 20% off coupon. Whoppeee! For myself, I love Coldwater Creek. I bought $80 jeans there for $9.99. What a buy!!!! For gifts, I love Kirkland's. My son likes Tommy H.,, I can't say I have found really good deals there though.